Android is growing. While there was once a time when the operating system was limited to your phone, these days there’s Android TV, Android Wear (now called Wear OS), and, of course, Android Auto.
Android Auto has been out for some time now as a way for users to get the benefits of Android in their car, but just recently, it received a major upgrade – it now supports wireless connectivity.
Is Android Auto Wireless really that much of an upgrade? And, is it worth buying an in-car infotainment system like the Kenwood Excelon DMX905S? We put Android Auto and Android Auto Wireless to the test to find out.
Android Auto – Google Maps, Media & Messaging Features:
Connect your phone. Now hit the road.
Connect your phone to your car display—your Android apps show up onscreen, just like that. Tap to get driving directions or talk to send a text. Even call your mom, hands-free. Android Auto is made to help you focus on the road. And have fun along the way. Just plug in and go.
Just say “Ok Google” to…
- Route to your next destination using Google Maps or Waze with real-time GPS navigation and traffic alerts.
- Get updates on your route, ETA, and hazards in real-time.
- Have the Google Assistant check your calendar for you so you know where you need to be.
- Set reminders, get updates on the news, and check last night’s score.
- Avoid distractions while driving by setting a custom do not disturb message while driving.
- Make calls using Google Assistant and answer incoming calls with just a tap.
- Access your contacts folder and send and receive messages with the Google Assistant using SMS, Hangouts, WhatsApp, Skype, Telegram, WeChat, Kik, Google Allo, and many more messaging apps.
- Manage your infotainment system like never before. Listen to your favorite media apps including Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, Google Play Music, Amazon Music, SiriusXM, TIDAL – High Fidelity Music Streaming, Napster Music, and Deezer. Many more music, radio, news, sports news, audiobook, and podcast apps are also supported.
- Improved Do Not Disturb functionality.
- Dark mode on car UI is now independent from the phone.
- Bug fixes and other Improvements.
- We want to hear from you! Join the conversation in our community https://g.co/androidautocommunity
Auto Apps Free Download
With Google Assistant on Android Auto, keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel. Use your voice to get help with your day. You can find routes, play your favorite songs and even check the weather. Just say “Hey Google” to get started.
Get real-time alerts with Google Maps and Waze. Even ask Google Assistant to find gas along the way. You can see it all on your car’s dashboard display, helping you know more about what’s nearby. Just say where to. And then go.
Google Assistant can read your messages out loud. And you can write back by talking. From making calls to using chat apps with just your voice, Android Auto makes driving less distracting.
Take your media on the road. And control it all with your voice. Pause your road-trip playlist and pick up where you left off. Just talk to start a new audio book. Or blast that one song for the hundredth time.
From highway to backroad and everything in between, Android Auto lets you do more while driving. That means more efficient app controls. And so many ways to make it yours. All powered by Android.
Android Auto – Google Maps, Media & Messaging Info:
Android Auto is your smart driving companion that helps you stay focused, connected, and entertained with the Google Assistant. With a simplified interface, large buttons, and powerful voice actions, Android Auto is designed to make it easier to use apps that you love from your phone while you’re on the road.
To use Android Auto, you’ll need a phone running Android 6.0 or higher and an active data connection.
Over 400 car models now support Android Auto! To find out if your car display is compatible and how to enable it, check your owner’s manual or contact your car’s manufacturer. Once enabled, use a high quality USB cable to connect your phone to your car, then launch Android Auto to get going!
Learn more about Android Auto and compatible cars at http://android.com/auto
For support: http://support.google.com/androidauto
Get help from our community: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/android-auto
The Android Auto app is currently available in the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, France, Germany, Guatemala, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela.
Android Auto – Google Maps, Media & Messaging Free Download
Updated February 12, 2021
Size Varies with device
Current Version Varies with device
Requires Android 5.0 and up
Content Rating Teen, Language, Learn more
Interactive Elements Users Interact
Permissions View details
Report Flag as inappropriate
Offered By Google LLC
Android Auto – Google Maps, Media & Messaging Download